About the Project
The Breastfeeding Art Expo toured across central British Columbia (Canada) from June 2017-June 2018. Take a virtual tour by viewing the two videos below and the other videos on our YouTube channel. You can also look through the Art Catalogue, and our Final Reports. The Breastfeeding Art Expo Network shows the broad range of social networks that were created as a result of this project. As a direct outcome of this Art Expo, we are moving ahead in Interior Health with a Baby-Friendly Initiative Pilot Project to improve policies and practices within hospitals and communities to better support women to successfully breastfeed.
- Partnership between Interior Health and KCR Community Resources
- 15 community art projects in collaboration with 35 non-profit organizations
- 70 independent artworks from 52 artists
- 21 short videos describing the project
- Teacher’s Guide; use this Guide to take your students on a virtual tour of the expo.
- The expo traveled to six communities across the Interior Health Region of British Columbia from June 2017-June 2018: Kelowna, Vernon, En’owkin Centre (Penticton Indian Band), Trail, Williams Lake, and Kamloops. View the Art Catalogue or the Past Expos page.
- A Final Report and Evaluation
- View the Breastfeeding Art Expo Network that shows the collaborations and outcomes of the project
View photos of the Kamloops Expo on our Facebook page.
View photos of the Williams Lake Expo on our Facebook page.
View photos of the Trail Expo on our Facebook page.
View photos of the Penticton Expo on our Facebook page.
View photos of the Vernon Expo on our Facebook page.
View photos of the Kelowna Expo on our Facebook page.